For Carson’s 11th country, I decided to head out for some “fun in the sun” in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
I found a $200 flight on one of our favorite cheap international airlines…..SPIRIT!!! (click here to see my post on Tips for Flying Spirit Airlines)
We booked our Ground Transportation and Tours through Leos Tour Company. I found out about them in one of the Black Travel groups that I follow on Facebook, and I highly recommend them. Their prices are reasonable, they can create and design tours to basically anywhere you want, the offer private transportation, are friendly, knowledgeable and they even provided a car seat for Carson.
Check out their website: https://www.leotoursjamaica.com/
We decided to spend a little extra and stay at Sea Garden All-Inclusive Resort in Montego Bay which included all our drinks, food, and some activities. We stayed at the Sea Garden Resort that wasn’t too far from the airport. This resort was a little outdated, old, but still had its Jamaican Charm.
Things I liked:
· Rum Punch upon arrival
*The Water was beautiful
· All the furniture was created by the locals
· Some American food options
· Kayak, snorkel and Paddle-board rental included
· Staff was friendly
· Several Activities through the day for guest to participate in
· Daily shows at night to entertain guest
· The late-night snack bar. (I ate a beef patty EVERY NIGHT)
· Private beach
Things I didn’t like:
· Not as modern as what I’m used to for lodging
· Needs more kid friendly food choices
· Pool was a bit small, but Carson enjoyed it
· Walls in room were a little thin
· Not as many restaurant options on the resort compared to other All Inclusive
Would I stay here again?
Although I loved the hotels Jamaican charm, I would probably stay somewhere with more food and restaurant options, as well as more activities for kids.
Things to do:
· Doctors Cave Beach
· Rastafari Village
· Dunns Rivers Falls
· Swim with dolphins at Dolphins Cove
· Mystic Mountain Theme Park
· Appleton Rum Factory tour
· Black River Safari
· Bob Marley Museum
· Day trip to Kingston
· Day Trip to Negril (we loved Negril)
· Ricks Cafe
· Cool Runnings Waterpark
All of these tours can be booked using Leos Tour Company.
There were so many places that we didn’t get to see, so we will for sure be back for a longer stay.