Tips on Applying for a Minors Passport

Updated: Dec 17, 2018

So you want to go out of the country with your little one, but your child needs a passport? Here are some tips on making sure you have everything you need in order to get their passport.

Documents Needed:

1. Form DS-11: This can be found online. Do not sign until you are in the presence of the passport agent.

2. Child's Proof of Citizenship for child (Birth Certificate)

3. Proof of Parental Relationship (Child's Birth Certificate, Consular Birth Abroad, Adoption Decree, etc.)

4. Parents must present ID

5. Child's Passport photo. (Places like Walmart, Sams, Walgreen's

do them for cheap)

6. Passport Fee (For a child’s first time passport it cost $80 plus a $35 execution fee)

The most important thing to know when applying for a passport for a child under 16 is both parents or guardians need to apply to the minor. If the child’s other parent is not absent due to other circumstances, there are additional documents you can submit to prove that such as a custody decree, death certificate etc.

Most United States Post Offices have a Passport Office there. To see if yours does click the following link

35 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All